forum.we.org.ua

Форум вебсайту "Україна-це ми!"

Chris Herndon is not the superstitious type

Все, що стосується подій і концертів
laiyongcai92

Chris Herndon is not the superstitious type

Повідомлення laiyongcai92 » 05 грудня 2018, 08:52

So http://www.atlantafalconsteamonline.com/andy-levitre-jersey , he's totally fine with talking about his three-game touchdown streak.The New York Jets' rookie tight end would rather chat about something else, though."I mean, it's definitely nice to get into the end zone, but it feels a lot better when we're winning," Herndon said Friday. "So, it's been fun these last three weeks, getting a few targets in the end zone and capitalizing on them, but ultimately I want us to win, so I don't try to focus on the stats."Herndon is the second rookie in franchise history to catch a TD pass in three straight games, joining wide receiver Keyshawn Johnson (1996).But, as he said, the end result hasn't always been there. His first NFL touchdown came in the Jets' 42-34 win over Indianapolis on Oct. 14, when he had a 32-yard grab.Herndon had a 12-yard catch against Minnesota the following week to tie the game at 7 late in the first quarter. New York ended up losing 37-17.Last week at Chicago, Herndon had a 16-yard TD reception in the Jets' disappointing 24-10 loss.He'll try to make it four in a row — and, he hopes, with a victory — when New York travels to Miami, where Herndon played his college ball."I just think the offense slowed down for him," coach Todd Bowles said. "I think from a mental standpoint Authentic Alex Mack Jersey , he's playing faster because he can see everything that's coming and his abilities are starting to take over without even thinking."Herndon was a fourth-round pick in April after a solid college career that was cut short last year by a knee injury. Some draft experts thought he could have been as high as a second-rounder if not for him being hurt."I'm definitely thankful to be here," he said. "I don't take any of this for granted because at this time last year, I was dealing with being injured. So, just being able to play in a professional league, that alone is an honor.He tore the medial collateral ligament in his left knee before the Hurricanes were getting set to play in the ACC title game against Clemson. That was the end of his season and his career — but he refused to believe his NFL dreams would be over."I mean, not doubts," he said, "but it wasn't necessarily the best time to, you know, go down."With him slipping into the fourth round, the Jets took a chance on him even though he needed to continue rehabilitating his knee through the early part of the offseason.Herndon's role with the team was uncertain as New York had several tight ends on its roster during the spring. The 22-year-old native of Norcross, Georgia, also found himself in trouble with the law when he was arrested on June 2 for driving while intoxicated after flipping his car in New Jersey.He was remorseful after the arrest, and thankful to the Jets for sticking by him during his legal issues. Herndon leaned on his faith while acknowledging that he had doubts about what was next for him."You kind of do, but that's when I just started praying more and letting God handle all that," he said. "Just controlling all I can at that point. I was strong with it and I'm still learning and growing with it each day."Herndon could potentially be disciplined by the NFL for next season, but he will let that play out. His mind right now is on getting better — on and off the field.And, things are certainly looking up as far as his play.Herndon has 12 catches — seven in the last three games — for 161 yards and the three TDs http://www.atlantafalconsteamonline.com/matt-bryant-jersey , which tie him with Robby Anderson for the team lead. He and Philadelphia's Dallas Goedert have the most by a rookie tight end this season, and one more would break the Jets' single-season mark for rookies at the position — currently shared with Rich Caster (1970), Mickey Shuler (1978) and Dustin Keller (2008).And, Herndon has another eight games to do it."Yeah, I was actually kind of surprised when I heard that news," he said. "I'm honestly just thankful."Herndon and rookie quarterback Sam Darnold were roommates for a stretch during training camp and developed a friendship off the field."Whenever we came home, either one of us had questions, especially me, because I'm the tight end, I just asked him," Herndon said. "That kind of helped."Now, they're creating a bond on the field that's resulting in some big plays."First of all, he's is a great route runner," Darnold said. "But also, he's a great run blocker, which helps in the pass game. It sets up play action and all that stuff. Whenever you have a versatile tight end like him, it always helps an offense."Ito Smith and Brandon Fusco discuss their first win in Atlanta After Sunday’s victory over the Carolina Panthers, I had a chance to speak with RB Ito Smith and RG Brandon Fusco. Both are new additions to the Falcons for the 2018 season Womens Logan Paulsen Jersey , and Sunday marked their first ever regular season game—and win—in Atlanta. I asked each of them about their transition to a new team, what it was like to play in front of the crowd at Mercedes-Benz Stadium, and also tried to get a little information about their personal life—hobbies, musical tastes, and such—in order to give fans a more complete picture of who they were as people. Read on for their responses.Before Sunday’s game, I had a chance to speak with Brandon Fusco’s family. His mother and father confirmed that their last name is pronounced FUSS-CO, not FOOS-CO. That will be very helpful on The Falcoholic Live going forward. They also introduced me to Fusco’s college coach from Slippery Rock, who was finally getting to see Fusco play in the NFL for the first time. They were very nice people who spent a lot of time talking to me, and served as a great reminder that despite many of us only seeing NFL players as football robots, they are far from that. NFL players have families that care about them and they are people, first and foremost. For me personally, I’m going to try to remember that more clearly going forward.Also, Fusco’s dad told me to be sure to lampoon our own Cory Woodroof for using the wrong PFF stats in an article about Fusco. So, take that Cory!Now, on to Brandon Fusco himself. The 8-year NFL player spent time with the Minnesota Vikings—who he was drafted by in the sixth round of the 2011 NFL Draft—and San Francisco 49ers before joining the Falcons this offseason. Fusco won the competition between himself and third-year G Wes Schweitzer for the starting RG position in training camp.I first asked Fusco about what it was like to play in front of his family and coach for the first time in Atlanta.Next, I asked Fusco what it was like to transition from Shanahan’s offense in San Francisco to Sarkisian’s offense here in Atlanta, and if there were any adjustments he had to make in training camp.Finally, I asked Fusco if there were any hobbies or interests that he could share with fans to help us get to know him a little better.This is a man after my own heart. I know he’ll love the restaurant scene in Atlanta. Fusco and his family expressed a lot of excitement about being part of the Falcons brotherhood Womens Terrell McClain Jersey , and we’re all excited to have them here too.Next, I was able to speak with rookie RB Ito Smith. The first-year player was drafted by the Falcons in the fourth round of the 2018 NFL Draft out of Southern Miss. Smith won the RB3 job in training camp, beating out Malik Williams and Justin Crawford. With Devonta Freeman sidelined on Sunday, Smith became the de-facto RB2 and looked quite good with the starters.First off, I welcomed Smith to Atlanta and asked him what it was like to take his first significant regular season NFL carries with the Falcons.Next, I asked Smith what it was like to go out there and get his first ever NFL victory in front of the fans at Mercedes-Benz Stadium.Finally, I asked Smith the same question I asked Fusco: any hobbies or interesting things about you that you’d like to share with the fans?This man eats, sleeps, chills, and plays football. That is determination, and not at all a bad attitude to have for an NFL rookie. Maybe Fusco and the guys can take him out to some restaurants, too.I came away from speaking with both of these new additions very impressed. Both Fusco and Ito Smith are very excited to be in Atlanta, and looked like they were having a great time enjoying their first ever victory as Falcons. Let’s hope we can watch them achieve even more in the coming weeks. Welcome to the Brotherhood, Brandon and Ito.

Повернутись до “Події”

Хто зараз онлайн

Зараз переглядають цей форум: 2 і 0 гостей